- RSS Channel Showcase 5373328
- RSS Channel Showcase 7319695
- RSS Channel Showcase 8063203
- RSS Channel Showcase 3058923
Articles on this Page
- 03/19/17--10:29: _Nintendo Switch: In...
- 03/26/17--08:00: _Hidden Folks: Go an...
- 04/02/17--08:00: _Hollow Knight: Bugs...
- 04/16/17--08:00: _Death Road to Canad...
- 04/23/17--10:22: _Night in the Woods:...
- 05/07/17--07:00: _Kamiko: Short But S...
- 05/07/17--08:00: _World to the West: ...
- 05/14/17--08:00: _Steam: Your Introdu...
- 05/28/17--09:30: _RiME: Hyped up Indi...
- 06/24/17--10:34: _Ori and the Blind F...
- 07/02/17--08:00: _GoNNER: Weirdo Indi...
- 08/06/17--08:00: _Mark of the Ninja: ...
- 08/13/17--08:00: _Cat Quest: Purrfect...
- 08/20/17--07:00: _Slime Rancher: Farm...
- 08/20/17--08:00: _Hyper Light Drifter...
- 09/10/17--08:00: _My Singing Monsters...
- 09/24/17--08:00: _SteamWorld Dig 2: I...
- 10/01/17--08:00: _Thumper: The Intens...
- 10/06/17--08:10: _Axiom Verge & Stard...
- 03/19/17--10:29: Nintendo Switch: Innovative, Fun, Engrossing, & Bags of Potential!
- 03/26/17--08:00: Hidden Folks: Go and Find Stuff to the Tune of Silly Noises!
- 04/02/17--08:00: Hollow Knight: Bugs, Awesomeness, & Metroidvania Indie Glory!
- 04/16/17--08:00: Death Road to Canada: Zombies, Mayhem, Fun, Jerks, & Arguing
- 04/23/17--10:22: Night in the Woods: Brilliant Indie Game With Super Cute Animals!
- 05/07/17--07:00: Kamiko: Short But Sweet (and cheap!) Indie Fun on Switch
- 05/07/17--08:00: World to the West: Rain Games Returns with Indie Fun
- 05/14/17--08:00: Steam: Your Introductory Guide to Gaming’s Modern Wonder!
- 05/28/17--09:30: RiME: Hyped up Indie Adventure Delivers the Goods
- 06/24/17--10:34: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (2016)
- 07/02/17--08:00: GoNNER: Weirdo Indie Gem Makes its Nintendo Switch Debut
- 08/06/17--08:00: Mark of the Ninja: Kickass Indie Action on Steam
- 08/13/17--08:00: Cat Quest: Purrfect Puns in a Daft, Silly, & Cute RPG with Cats !
- 08/20/17--07:00: Slime Rancher: Farm Slimes & Frolic With Joy!
- 08/20/17--08:00: Hyper Light Drifter: Brooding Action-Adventure Excellence
- 09/10/17--08:00: My Singing Monsters: Singing, Weird, Awesome, & Monstrous!
- 09/24/17--08:00: SteamWorld Dig 2: It’s Here and It’s Awesome… Hell Yeah!
- 10/01/17--08:00: Thumper: The Intense Rhythm Sensory Indie Experience!
- 10/06/17--08:10: Axiom Verge & Stardew Valley Hit The Nintendo Switch!
For three weeks we’ve been digging away on the exceptional Breath of the Wild now, but what about the new Nintendo Switch console? Well, here’s a brief review of it on this merry Sunday! First off, do note this is (as is typical with Nintendo) an innovative and experimental games console and handheld merger. It […]
Nintendo Switch - ReviewedthespammockNintendo Switch - Reviewed
Small indie game Hidden Folks is causing a minor commotion right now. Released at a point when Nintendo’s exceptional Breath of the Wild is dominating the gaming press and community, it’s still managed to grab some of the limelight – good on it! It’s cheap, it’s cheerful, it’ll be hilarious if you’re a kid (which […]
Hidden Folks - GamethespammockHidden Folks
“Oh here we go… bloody banging on about indie games again instead of that latest CoD clone. NOOBS!” Sorry, gamer, but we’re here to cover Hollow Knight, which was released on Steam recently and is the first indie masterpiece of 2017. We don’t use such a word lightly, but we’re in a golden period of […]
thespammockHollow KnightHollow Knight gamplay
As the game’s synopsis states: “Control a car full of jerks as they explore cities, recruit weird people, rescue dogs, argue with each other, and face gigantic swarms of slow zombies. Randomly generated for a new story and rare events every time you play!” This sums up Death Road to Canada pretty darned well, in […]
Death Road to CanadathespammockDeath Road to Canada
Today we’re looking at this unusual, inventive adventure game from Infinite Fall, which has been garnering a huge amount of critical acclaim recently. Indeed, other than the still-bloody-brilliant Zelda: Breath of the Wild, it’s pretty much the best-reviewed game of the year so far! Huzzah for indie games, eh? Taking control of the anthropodermic female […]
Night in the WoodsthespammockNight in the Woods
The ultra-cheap, SNES era Zelda inspired Kamiko hit the Nintendo Switch eShop recently and it’s a lovely slice of indie game magic. A short affair, the title is only £5 (like, $7 or whatever) and like many indie games has a colourful world inspired by the early ‘90s era of Zelda-esque, RPG, arcade type romp […]
In the past, we’ve ranted about Teslagrad and how it’s an indie classic. Well, joy, as developer Rain Games is back with its second game – World to the West. It’s a stark departure from the bleak, harsh, magnetic world of its first game, with this one offering a colourful and engaging environment inspired by […]
WTTW2thespammockWorld to the West
Here at Professional Moron, we try to balance out the moronic stuff with cultural asides at the weekend. In our video games section, we often wax lyrical about Steam, presuming you imbeciles who read these posts know what we’re on about. The truth is, Steam is a modern marvel of video games which anyone with […]
SteamthespammockSteam - Your Guide
Last year, indie game No Man’s Sky got hyped into oblivion and then delivered a mediocre experience. This year’s most hyped indie game is RiME, a beautiful looking action adventure thing which had many mouths agape and has been in development for bloody years. Now it’s here! Hurray! We got our grubby mitts on it […]
“If light is scarce then light is scarce; we will immerse ourselves in the darkness and there discover its own particular beauty.” -Jun’ichirō Tanizaki, In Praise of Shadows ? ? “The following is a guest post by The Moronic Cheese Mage.” Moon Studios released Ori and the Blind Forest upon the world in March 2015, where…
Featured Image -- 24731thespammock
The weirdo, roguelike, side-scrolling indie title GoNNER has arrived on the Nintendo Switch, one year after making its debut on Steam. Developed by Art in Heart, it’s a procedurally-generated title like the recent Dead Cells, where no playthrough is ever the same. What… they can do such a thing these days?! Apparently so! Thusly, it’s […]
GoNNER on the Nintendo SwitchthespammockGoNNER on the Nintendo Switch
When you’re a kid, being a ninja is a big deal. Dressing up in black clothes and karate chopping unsuspecting old age pensioners is, for most of us, one of the first times you get yourself hauled off to jail. Indeed – it’s a valuable life lesson. Beating the crap out of people will land […]
Mark of the NinjathespammockMark of the Ninja
Often, it is our duty to try and cover dramatic, emotive, intellectually stimulating video games to prove to our non-gaming readers the veracity of gaming as an exceptional cultural form. Then there are times when we see a daft RPG like Cat Quest and think: “Proper ZOMG, that’ll be totally amazing!” – thusly, we picked […]
Cat QuestthespammockCat QuestHK Project
Slime, eh? Indie developer Monomi Park, based out there in California (that’s America, apprently), clearly believes a great fortune can be made in the future by wrangling slime balls. Thusly, in the glorious Slime Rancher, you take control of woman Beatrix LeBeau who is one of those “I got attitude, b****!” type people. 1,000 light […]
Slime RancherthespammockSlime Rancher
This is a very impressive 2D action adventure game inspired by (unsurprisingly) SNES era titles such as the Legend of Zelda (principally A Link to the Past), developed by indie team Heart Machine. Featuring glorious, upgraded graphics from gaming’s golden years, and an absolutely fantastic synth pop soundtrack, this is a maudlin, but thoroughly enjoyable, must […]
Hyper Light DrifterthespammockHyper Light DrifterHyper Light Drifter in game graphics
My Singing Monsters… well, we saw this thing on a YouTube advert (which, 99.9% of the time, we skip or just block using AdBlock on our laptop) and immediately fouled ourselves. Alas, it was only on Android. What the Hell?! Well, it’s out on iPhone as well now so we had to download Canadian developer […]
My Singing MonstersthespammockMy Singing Monsters
Cripes! We’re huge fans of Metroidvania romp along SteamWorld Dig and were positively chuffed to hear earlier this year a, somewhat unexpected, sequel was in the works. With this release on the Nintendo Switch, which is soon to be followed on the PS4 and Steam, Swedish indie team Image & Form Games is, surely, one […]
SteamWorld Dig 2thespammockSteamWorld Dig 2
Here’s a remarkable indie game gem – Thumper. We’d heard good things abut it and, 10 minutes after heading on in with our Nintendo Switch with earphones plugged in, were left devastated, terrified, and exhilarated by the sensory onslaught. It is, simply put, quite an overwhelming experience due to its application of simplicity, timing, atmospherics, […]
ThumperthespammockThumper the indie game
Most consoles these days have a slow start with game releases – it was the same with the PS4 and Xbox One way back in yesteryear, so the Nintendo Switch has endured a similar run since March of 2017. The masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild has kept us more than entertained, plus the […]
Axiom VergethespammockAxiom Verge